1. Vegetarians are all hippies, and we know what kind of antics they get up to. (Herbal cigarette anyone?)
2. Animals were put on this planet so we could eat them… why else would we be the smarter, more dominant species?
3. Meat tastes great! At least, I think it does. Doesn’t it? I mean, once you disregard all of the chemicals and processes that take place before it reaches the plate. Well, at least once we cover it up with seasonings, sauces, and flavourings it tastes good anyway, right?!
4. Our bodies were designed to eat meat! Wait, what do you mean our bodies are more naturally adapted to eating and processing fruits and vegetables than meat? That can’t be true. Can it?
5. Well I need my protein intake! Not like those second grade proteins from plants that the animals I eat consume. No, I mean real protein that only comes from eating the animal that ate the… wait… ummm… oh.
6. It’s not about being vegetarian, it’s about eating healthier, living with awareness, and creating a more compassionate world!
Ok, so I only had one real reason for not wanting to call myself a vegetarian (yes, it’s number 6). Just because you don’t eat meat doesn’t mean you eat healthy or live a healthier life. There are people who don’t eat meat but still fill their lives with trashy food, mindless television, and decadent lifestyle choices.
Creating a better world is not a far-fetched, romantic idea. It is a simple choice to create a better you. Once you make real and lasting positive changes within yourself, you will notice the world around you reflecting back what you shine out. (Try it and see!)
Hope you enjoyed this post! And remember, the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, a step which no one else can take for you.