We have great news to share with you. According to Swiss periodicals “Tribune de Genéve” and “Le Matin“, from the 1st of January 2012, Citizens of four of the french speaking cantons situated in the south-west of Switzerland will be legally allowed to grow four cannabis plants each! With a maximum of four growers per household! For purely personal, non-marketed use only, of course. Any more than that and you will have to obtain a special “trade permit”.
The reason for such a positive policy change is to prevent people from buying their pot on the streets. The move signifies an evolution for mankind’s rational thought process as growing your own herb at home has similar benefits to growing your own vegetables at home.
1. You know exactly what you are getting. (The practice of “try before you buy” isn’t generally implemented when buying Mary-Jane on the street. This can lead to purchase of tainted product where suppliers have sprayed the good ganja with often harmful additives for the sole purpose of adding weight to make more money from sales).
2. You know exactly where it is coming from. (Growing your own chronic means those pesky gangs and crime syndicates that often pedal dope on the streets don’t get your hard earned money. So as an after effect of smoking your own homegrown, you are also contributing to the diminishment of crime in the area. Awesome!)
3. You can’t get it any fresher! (Often, like fruit & vegetables, the various forms of solid and green are imported from far away countries such as Afghanistan, Pakistan, Columbia, and Mexico which means it could be months before they finally reach the end user. And obviously “the fresher the better”).
4. Anyone who has ever grown a plant of any kind will know what it is like to nurture and witness the process of life from seed to plant (to harvest!). It is almost like watching your baby grow into an adult over the years only in a much shorter time span of course. (3-4 months according to GrowWeedEasy.com)
5. Of course this is a personal preference, but the aroma alone is worth it. You just can’t beat the goodness of freshness!
The Jura, Valais, and Ticino are still on the fence about it.
The Sleepy Moose – Waking up to the world around, and the world within.